Ballet and tap classes for toddlers and preschoolers just getting started
Ages 2 – 4
Watch as your child’s eye sparkle with excitement and joy! Listen while they giggle with glee as they explore ballet, tap, and creative movement through the adventures of storytelling; it’s all a part of our wildly popular Shimmer program.
This program expertly combines your child’s vivid imagination with a nurturing environment where they are free to learn, flourish, and grow more independent.
Shimmer and Shine!
This is such an important time of your child’s life! Their imaginations are growing as fast as their little bodies are! Our Shimmer program focuses on the whole child. Through repetition and exciting themed lessons, your child will benefit from our program in a variety of ways:
- They will grow more independent through our use of positive reinforcement and enriching activities.
- They will develop gross motor skills like balance, strength and coordination through activities like walking on their tippy toes, jumping through a hoop, and skipping in a circle.
- They will learn proper classroom behavior such as listening skills, how to wait in line, and how to follow directions.
- They will learn properties of rhythm and musicality through clapping and stomping to the beat, the use of rhythm sticks, and exploring speed and time changes in different music selections.
Sometimes it can be a little scary for our youngest dancers to leave mom and walk into a dance studio alone. Every child is ready in their own time. This is why we offer a free trial class to our youngest dancers. Join us for a glimpse into our Shimmer program!
What Happens in a Typical Class?
- Each class begins by warming up our muscles, stretching and reviewing our ballet foot & arm positions during a circle warm–up.
- We practice our ballet moves (and review their fancy french names) like relevé, plié, and jeté.
- We travel to magical lands and pretend to be things like beautiful flowers, fairies, birds, bees, and butterflies.
- Each month is based on a magical theme like Fairy Garden Adventure or Winter Wonderland.
- We practice a monthly showcase routine that we can’t WAIT to perform for you!
- Each class ends with your child getting a stamp or sticker to reward and celebrate her progress and success!